I know it's been a really long time since we update this but life is going great for us! Rob is in his last semester of nursing school and not that we are counting down but he has less than 9 weeks left! Who are we kidding we are counting down :) Life is definately unknown when he gets done in December, but we are way excited for it! Since my last post we have had a lot of fun exciting changes going on! Rob got a job at a nursing home down in St George which means that I get to stay at home with Kylie! It has been the biggest blessing/sacrifice for our family. Blessing for me because I get to experience life as a mom and enjoy watching Kylie grow, sacrifice for Rob because he works three nights a week and is in school full time.Oh and his school this semester, working for free 3 days a week at the hospital in Nephi. Thankfully his family is in Nephi so we stay with them, which again is a great thing for me and Kylie. He has no life other than school and work, but he is amazing. Thanks for taking this one for the team Rob!
So if you didn't know Kylie had surgery in August, I know a long time ago, but I just found the pictures of it. When we had our 20 week ultrasound they found some problems with her kidneys but weren't really sure how much of a problem it was going to be. So after about a thousand prayers, 9 months of daily antibiotics and two surgerys she is perfect! The drs at Primary Childrens were amazing, the nurses and seriously everyone there was just wonderful. As scary as her last surgery was, we felt very comfortable and reassured that it was going to be ok, and it was!
This was right before we went in. She was so happy and oblivious to what everyone that was playing with her was about to do to her!
And this is right after her 5 hour surgery! Talk about long. She was on some pretty good strong medication so she wouldn't feel anything. She just slept for about a day and a half other than when they changed her bandages or checked her. It was good to just hold her! But now she is doing amazing. She is finally starting to gain weight and is starting to move around which is kinda crazy! She is still pretty small for her age but the dr said that would be normal for her.
These are just some random pictures from the last little while. Kylie loves to play hard, and sleep hard! I can't even remember when I took this but everytime I see it I can't help but think how wonderful it is to be a mom. I love it when she is all stretched out and just as comfortable as can be, and is sleeping!
In order to take a shower during the day I put Kylie in our bathroom on the floor and let her play with some random toys and one day when I got out she was just laying there laughing, who knows what at, but I thought it was picture worthy.
Kylie is starting to eat everything in sight. Which I have to say is really nice because if she is hungry I can give her some of whatever I'm eating. She's not to sure what to think of tomatoes tho. I've tried them a few times and she doesn't mind chewing/gnawing on them but I don't know that she really eats very much of them.
Oh and Kylie is going to be a big sister! We are thrilled! I've had a few people ask me if it was planned and I just tell them that it is a blessing and we couldn't be more excited! Our little BOY, yes we do know what it is, is going to join us on February 19th! So i'm over half way done and starting to not fit into very much. I feel like I live in sweats and large tshirts until about 10 minutes before Rob gets home and then I hurry and throw on whatever I can find that'll fit! :) I'm sure lots of stay-at-home mom's know what that is like! I really do feel like it's a huge blessing to be expecting again! Even though we aren't sure where Rob is going to work after he graduates, if he'll stay in St George or if he'll get a job at a hospital, and I don't know if we'll be moving before or after our little man comes I'm so excited that he's coming:)



2 comments:
Oh Rach we are so happy for you guys! How fun to be expecting again! And Kylie is such a cutie. So glad her surgery went well. We miss you guys and are so happy that everything is going well for you both!
How cute! I love seeing you guys around town. You're such a cute family! And congratulations on your pregnancy!! How fun :)
Post a Comment