Our Crazy Family Adventures

Our Crazy Family Adventures

Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 10, 2016

We had a great week! Monday was the 4th and ended up being a blast. I'm not supper great at taking pictures, but we had a lot of fun. We had a good sized group come over for a BBQ and firework show. I love good company and these guys and gals did not disappoint. We were also able to enjoy some time with our friends a few other times this week. It's crazy that we are thrown into this completely strange area with strangers that we literally just met and already we are friends. It makes the long days not so long when we can do things together. The kids and I also went exploring yesterday, and found ourselves at the Glendale Christmas in July festival, not exactly what I expected. It was a bunch of different shops within 5 blocks of downtown Glendale so you had to walk outside to get to all the different venues, not so fun when its 115* outside so we didn't last very long. We were however able to meet Santa Clause and Kylie asked for a babydoll and Max a robot (the same things as last year. Hopefully they forget they asked him and think of new things for this year.) Dane was less than thrilled to have to talk to, let alone sit on a strangers lap, but still got a candy cane out of the deal and I got a priceless picture out of it. Then we went to ASU for a family arts day. It was actually a lot of fun. The crafts were age appropriate for the older two and I think the kids enjoyed our day out. It's always nice to come home to Rob though. No matter how much time he spends at school, there is somethings special about when he walks through the door. The kids love and adore him and want to share every detail with him about their day. And they ask about his day. I hope that is something that will always happen, I know it probably won't, or at least it will have gaps when it's not like this, but for now I'm loving that it does. Remembering the little things this week has been good, we missed family and not playing in the Nephi 4th of July festivities or enjoying dads homemade ice cream but we had a great time as a family and the little moments that made this week great!







Side note, the kids thought it would be really fun to dress up in each others clothes ;) their faces though!

They had snow at the Christmas in July. I would love to see how they got it here, and how big the pile started out because it was melting FAST!!



Face painting at ASU family day, Dane got a star, but you know 3rd child thing was going on, and I didn't get a picture of his before he rubbed it off.


No comments: