Our Crazy Family Adventures
Sunday, July 17, 2016
July 17, 2016
Holy cow! What a whirlwind of a week!! You know how sometimes you sit down on Sunday and look at your calendar and think what are we going to do this week, we have nothing? Well that was not the case for this past week. And it was lovely! Completely and downright exhausting, but lovely. We spent many, many hours with friends at the pool, had 2 library visits, went to the theaters and saw Hotel Transylvania 2, had a 2nd ultrasound to check on the rest of the baby we couldn't see a few weeks ago, checked out the AZ Science Museum, went to a favorite things party, saw a singing cowboy and I got a stay-at-home date with Rob! I'm telling you, it was a crazy fast week with lots of fun. Why is it then, that I feel a little sad today? As I woke up this morning I have felt like something is missing, my heart has been a little more heavy. I could chalk it up to pregnancy hormones, which I do think plays a little bit of a role in my feelings, but I think it goes deeper than that. The Sunday school teacher today said that after returning home from a trip with her grandson where the two of them hit 7 temples on their way to Washington she felt an emptiness, so she filled it with a trip to the temple here in Phoenix. And that right there is the answer I needed to hear today. While I will take a crazy busy fun week like this last one any time of the year, the important thing in life is making my relationship with my Heavenly Father a priority. I'm definitely not the perfect example of this, I think every week I decide on Sunday that I'm going to do better this week, and by Tuesday morning I have forgotten my goal, but thats ok. I'm going to keep making it my goal, and some day I will look back on this probationary time of on again off again and wonder why it is so hard to remember to do the things that will at that time be so easy. But that means that I've progressed and become a better person, so here's to another chance to strengthen that relationship and be a better daughter of God. And some awesome pictures, since I know thats the real reason anyone checks up on us ;)
Rob missed the ultrasound, big tests and crazy amounts of studying for him this week, but the baby wanted to say hi!

So we went to the Scince Museum with Matthew, Rob's cousin, and had an absolute blast! They had everything from a bed of nails, to a water center, to the makings of a house, to a weather area. It was awesome and we will definitely be going back!
The singing cowboy came to the library and even brought his horse Dusty into the library with him. The kids were so excited to see a real horse and a real life cowboy here in the desert!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment