Our Crazy Family Adventures

Our Crazy Family Adventures

Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 31, 2016

We've had a great 2 weeks of adventuring. I called a friend from Nephi, Fran Petersen, and was talking about the craziness from Rob being in school with kids and she brought up a really good point. She said that the time her husband, now a dentist, was in school she and her kids became best friends. Think about it, we spend every waking minute together, we would have to become best friends. So it set me to thinking about my relationship with my cute kiddos and I would have to say the same thing is taking place with us. My kids are becoming my best friends, and I love that I'm going to look back at this time and remember it as such, the beginning of our great relationships. So our adventuring was great, (we're making the most of while we can, Kylie goes back to school when we get home from Nephi next week) we've hit a new splash pad with our school cronies, checked out the Cereta Chocolate Factory, went to many different swimming pools, enjoyed date night with my bestest friend with dinner and a temple trip, had mommy son date with Max, and lots of hanging out (mainly at pools to avoid overheating)! Here's some pictures.



 When ever I meal plan I try to include the kids, just so they can feel like they're a part of it, and eat it better, and waffles with the spray cream and strawberries came up this week. They were in heaven! I mean look at that, I'm pretty much drooling looking at the pictures :)


 There is almost no way to get them to make a normal smile for the camera!

 Our good friend Kelsey checked out the chocolate factory with us!

 Kylie has been practicing her letters since summer began and this particular day did them all in less than 20 minutes!! She was so proud, we had to take a picture and send it to Rob 

 Our first date night in almost a month. Its hard to find the time to go out and be just Rob and I, the kids miss him just like I do, but this was so worth it. We were able to visit about more than the day to day activities and enjoy each others company. I love that he's mine for eternity!

 I'm telling you, very few normal pictures for this kid. But I love him to the moon and back. This week was Max's week of fun. We went on a mommy son date, the first in a while. We had special tickets to the Science Museum bug exhibit, which was full of bugs (so I naturally pretended to be so excited and was inwardly thinking I wonder how fast I can get out of here!) and then we spent a little more time checking out the rest of the museum, and hit up chic-fil-a for lunch. I love spending one on one time with the kids, you can learn so much more when you do. Max is affectionately known as my 'man cub' and I tell you what, I'm so glad he is a part of our family. And that he still thinks its cool to hang out with his mom in public.

No comments: