Our Crazy Family Adventures

Our Crazy Family Adventures

Sunday, November 5, 2017

September 17, 2017

I've had some pretty intense thoughts lately.
It's time to get raw, and real. When Rob and I decided to move to different states for the summer it was because of pure inspiration. We felt that this was the best way to spend our summer; that there was something to gain from it. So you can see my surprise when we moved back together and I struggled. It was the weirdest thing to not want to let him back in my life.
So we talked about it. I prayed like crazy for the help to let him back in. And he prayed for me. I know he did, because I could feel that extra help from God. And I know it came from his prayers in my behalf.
And then I went to a new friends house this last week and was hit by a bombshell, in a good way.  Louisiana has been a place of learning and growth. And people have been amazing here. I was pleasantly surprised to find such great friends in Arizona, I mean seriously surprised to find life long friends. And I figured that when I got here I wouldn't make friends. We would just keep to our selves and that was fine. But we 'unpacked' here. We have asked to help serve at church and have made a point to talk to people and be friendly. And the people here have opened their hearts to us as well. (long tangent, sorry) So a sweet lady in the ward whose kid also likes to collect rocks and calls them crystals, invited us to come over.
She said something that has penetrated my heart, and I'm so grateful for it. She commented how lucky I am to be moving all over the place with Rob, and that this experience will definitely make us best friends. I sat back in shock. That was what I needed to hear at the exact moment I needed to hear it! I needed to be reminded that Rob is my best friend.
At the end of the day, he is the one I want to lay next to, sit next to, hold hands with, adventure with and grow old with. I love Rob with all my heart and am so grateful that he is mine forever! So for today I feel like I've learned that Rob is my number one. He is the most important person in my life and I'm so grateful that we get to experience this adventure together and become even better best friends!

 

No comments: